“The society which has abolished every kind of adventure makes its own abolition the only possible adventure.” Paris, May 1968


Wednesday 18 April 2012

Freedom Pass Anarchist Local Leader.

Anarchists are not necessarily opposed to leaders per se and even a horizontalist such as myself can see the need for someone to lead specific tasks or projects at times. So leadership is not inherently bad in all circumstances and neither are all leaders bad - just people who, no matter how well intentioned they may be, we need to keep a close eye on. Take my latest venture for example. By the mere click of a mouse I find that I have become a 2012 London Olympics Local Leader. I'm not entirely sure what my duties involve but growing flowers in brightly painted car tyres seems to be a part of it. Then again, could I combine my Local Leader role with the UK Uncut Street Parties? You tell me comrades because although I am a Local Leader I stand before you as a soldier of the revolution and subject to your immediate recall. Still, "Local Leader". It has a certain ring to it don't you think?

1 comment:

Jemmy Hope said...

I suspect that the feeling of power is already going to your head. Come the revolution it may be necssary to liquidate you, comrade.